The Public Relations/Communication ministry publicizes and promotes the activities of the Oakwood University Church (OUC) to its members, surrounding communities, and national publics. This ministry also ensures that every communication supports OUC’s vision of “Becoming the Church that Christ Intended.”
Our Mission Statement:
The mission of the PR/Communication department is to share the activities of OUC ministries with internal and external publics to foster meaningful connections, stimulate church growth, and provide a voice for anyone impacted.
Our goals are:
- To inform internal and external publics of relevant OUC events and activities.
- To create and strengthen OUC member-to-member connections.
- To create and strengthen OUC and member connections to the greater Huntsville community.
- To stimulate the publics’ desire to seek the gospel of Jesus Christ through their engagement with OUC.
- To facilitate effective two-way communication between OUC leadership and its publics.
With the number of active OUC ministries, we welcome additional support from others interested in helping our team. If you enjoy writing, media relations, media analytical research, graphic design, and working with apps, email the ministry leader at [email protected].
Patrice (Patti) T. Conwell